Free Running Helical Thread Inserts
Thread Inserts Flyer PDF available to print or download.
When installed, using any one of a variety of manual or automatic tools, free running helical thread inserts provide strong permanent internal threads that resist heat and corrosion.
Once fitted, their position is maintained by the action of radial pressure between their coils and the flanks of the tapped hole. This pressure exists because their free (uninstalled) diameter is larger, by a calculated amount, than their installed diameter.
– Manufactured from high quality chromium nickel stainless steel, they provide high strength internal threads that resist the effects of temperature and corrosion.
– Much lighter and less expensive than any other equivalent type of thread insert.
– Wire thread inserts can generally be introduced into existing designs where no previous provision has been made.
– They increase quality and performance while reducing overall product cost.
– Their use may result in the use of thinner sections or lighter parent materials without sacrificing thread strength.
– They protect tapped threads against failures due to stripping, seizing, corrosion and wear.
– They have an exceedingly smooth surface finish which virtually eliminates friction-induced thread erossian.
– The continuous helically coiled design negates the need for thick wall structures to support the internal and external threads.
– Wire thread inserts can be installed in reduced size bosses or flanges and within constricted areas – saving space and weight while providing high strength.
Please contact us for more information.